The staff of Central Montcalm High School accepts the responsibility to provide all students a safe and orderly climate and a maximum opportunity to grow intellectually, socially, and emotionally in order to become productive and responsible citizens.
- We believe that Central Montcalm High School has the responsibility of preparing students for life in a complex, fast-changing society. Through a broad curriculum and extra-curricular activities, we should help students develop intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally, and anesthetically to the best of their abilities. Helping students develop a positive sense of self-esteem should be the foundation of the educational process.
- Education should be stressed as the job of youth as work is of adults. Therefore, emphasis should be placed on citizenship, good attendance, promptness, neatness, accuracy, self-control, and the ability to function in groups. In the development of these characteristics and in the educational plans of their children, we continue to encourage the participation of parents.
- We recognize the necessity of preparing students for the world of work through vocationally-oriented classes both on campus and in the community; we also recognize the danger of preparing students too narrowly in an age when change is inevitable.
- Equal educational opportunity should be available to all students. We should also recognize the needs of mathematics which will enable them to lead self-sufficient lives. Students also need to recognize and understand the influence of computer technology in our society. In order to help students prepare intelligently for the future, it is also our responsibility to help them understand the past.
- Finally, we believe that students need preparation for becoming responsible members of the ecosystem.